Academic Honesty Policy
Reporting Violations of the Academic Honesty Code
As a provision of the Academic Honesty Code, the Provost's Office maintains records of all students with Category I and Category II violations. If, when proceeding with a violation of the Academic Honesty Code, the instructor is convinced by the preponderance of evidence that a violation has occurred, the instructor should contact the honesty committee chair for the school in which the violation occurred.
For More Information on the Academic Honesty Code
Full details of the Academic Honesty Code are available online. Downloadable copies of the "Report of Category I Academic Dishonesty Form" are available online:
- Harpur College: http://www2.binghamton.edu/harpur/faculty/pdf/academic-dishonesty-form.pdf
- All other schools: http://www2.binghamton.edu/academics/provost//documents/honesty-form.doc.
If you have any questions about the policy or the details of implementation, please contact the honesty committee chair for the school in which the violation occurred. Contact information for each of the schools is as follows:
- College of Community and Public Affairs: Tammara Behonick, Assistant Dean
- Decker: Serdar Atav, Associate Professor
- Graduate School: Susan Strehle, Interim Vice Provost and Dean of the Graduate School
- Harpur: Kathy Brunt, Assistant Dean
- Graduate School of Education: Karen Bromley, Distinguished Teaching Professor
- SOM: Vincent Pasquale, Assistant Dean
- Watson: Peter Partell, Associate Dean