Academic Honesty Policy
Reporting Violations of the Academic Honesty Code
As a provision of the Academic Honesty Code, the Provost's Office maintains records of all students with Category I and Category II violations. If, when proceeding with a violation of the Academic Honesty Code, the instructor is convinced by the preponderance of evidence that a violation has occurred, the instructor should contact the honesty committee chair for the school in which the violation occurred.
For More Information on the Academic Honesty Code
Full details of the Academic Honesty Code are available in the University Bulletin under "Academic Policies and Procedures for All Students." Downloadable copies of the "Report of Category I Academic Dishonesty Form" are available online:
- Harpur College: http://www.binghamton.edu/harpur/faculty/pdf/academic-dishonesty-form.pdf
- All other schools: http://www.binghamton.edu/academics/provost/documents/honesty-form.doc.
If you have any questions about the policy or the details of implementation, please contact the honesty committee chair for the school in which the violation occurred. Contact information for each of the schools is as follows:
- College of Community and Public Affairs: Tammara Behonick, Assistant Dean
- Decker: Serdar Atav, Associate Professor
- Graduate School: Susan Strehle, Vice Provost and Dean of the Graduate School; Sarah Lam, Associate Dean of the Graduate School
- Harpur: Douglas Jones, Interim Assistant Dean of Graduate Studies
- Graduate School of Education: C. Beth Burch, Dean, or Shawne Hartnett, Secretary to the Dean
- SOM: George Bobinski, Associate Dean
- Watson: Peter Partell, Associate Dean