Skip header content and main navigation Binghamton University, State University of New York - Admissions
Current and Returning Students Apply
Binghamton University current and returning student admission applications


Student Application

An interest to learn and attend class is all you need! Binghamton University's Center for Innovative and Continuing Education offers courses designed to meet your professional and personal needs and enhance your skills, knowledge and expertise. Also, learn more about Summer Session, Winter Session, Non-Credit Program and Continuing Education Advising.

Apply online>

  • Click on "All Admissions Applicants"
  • Click on "First time user account creation"
  • Complete application

Non-Degree students will be notified of an admissions decision via email.

Green Header Graphic Familiarize

Current & Returning Students Applications

Intra-University Transfer (IUT) or Double Degree Application

1. Before you begin your Intra University Transfer (IUT)/Double Degree application, please be aware that each school has specific criteria that applicants must meet, and each school may also have space limitations on the number of students who can be accommodated. Applicants should be sure to contact the advising office of the intended school to obtain advising and an information sheet that outlines prerequisites and deadlines. Spaces may fill at any time before the semester begins. Notification is not made until after the conclusion of the current semester, and is sent via e-mail.

2. Talk to the academic advisor of the school before beginning the application process to be sure your grades and coursework allow you to be considered. Again, each school has its own requirements and you should review specifics below.

Here are specific requirements and instructions for each school:

3. To apply, log into BU BRAIN. The online application is on the Home tab at the bottom titled "Intra University/Double Degree Application for Admission." The Admissions Committee welcomes the opportunity to consider your application.

NOTE: Students wishing to transfer internally after being out of school for three consecutive major semesters (Fall/Spring/Fall or Spring/Fall/Spring) must gain readmission to the school they were in by completing a Re-enrollment application (see below) AND simultaneously apply via an IUT application to the new school.

Re-enrollment Application

Any student who misses three (3) consecutive semesters need to file the re-enrollment application. Students who have missed fewer than 3 consecutive semesters can register online during their assigned registration time. 

Read Binghamton's re-enrollment guidelines (PDF)>>

Download Application (PDF)>

Please note: if you are studying abroad, participation in a Binghamton University or another SUNY study abroad program does not require you to re-enroll. If you are participating in a non-SUNY program and you will not be enrolled in three consecutive major semesters, you will be required to re-enroll.

Official Admissions Decision

Intra-University Transfer (IUT) or Double Degree students will be notified via email. 

Re-enrolling students will be notified via email.


Connect with Binghamton:
Twitter icon links to Binghamton University's Twitter page YouTube icon links to Binghamton University's YouTube page Facebook icon links to Binghamton University's Facebook page Instagram

Last Updated: 11/25/13