2015 Binghamton University Alumni Directory
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I received an e-mail/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information. They said they were working on a directory for the Binghamton University Alumni Association. Is this a legitimate project, or is it a scam?
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new alumni directory. PCI is a company located in Dallas that publishes directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities and military organizations across the nation. This project allows Binghamton University Alumni Association to receive important updates to our database so we know more about our alumni and how we can better serve you and future alumni.
2. How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
Binghamton University Alumni Association has a contractual agreement with PCI that
a) The names, addresses and information provided to PCI by the Binghamton University Alumni Association for the publication of the Directory will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Directory and except as required by court order or law.
b) The Directory will be made available only to alumni of Binghamton University. Upon completion of the project, PCI will return to the Binghamton University Alumni Association any and all electronic files that have been supplied by the Binghamton University Alumni Association or produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Directory.
3. I would like to verify and update my information. How may I do this?
If you have received a postcard or an e-mail with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Binghamton University Alumni Association project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed. The toll-free number for Binghamton University alumni is 855-376-4552.
If you have received an e-mail with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information. If you have questions, you may call PCI's customer service desk at 800-395-4724.
4. Can anyone purchase a directory?
The Binghamton University Alumni Directory is available for sale only to Binghamton University alumni.
5. When will I receive my directory?
The total duration of the directory project is about 12 months. Because we began the project in March 2014, the directories will be distributed in March 2015.
6. I ordered a package containing the Discounted Companion Airline Certificate, but I haven't received the postcard requesting verification of my address.
Those who purchase a package containing the Discounted Companion Airline Certificate will receive a postcard within 2 -3 weeks and it will direct them to go to the PCI website to initiate the certificate process by entering their ID number and order number (shown on the postcard) and to verify their mailing address. Alternatively, the buyer can call a toll-free number (also shown on the postcard) and leave a voice mail message to initiate the certificate process.
After verifying your address, you will receive a tri-fold certificate so you can begin to make your travel arrangements.
Basics of the certificate program:
- The Discounted Companion Airline Certificate allows the holder to purchase two (2) round trip tickets for one low price.
The Certificate is:
- Two (2) tickets for one low price
- 200 destinations in the continental U.S.
- NO BLACKOUT DATES
- More than 40 airline carriers
- 24/7 online booking
- 7-day advance purchase
- Frequent flier miles for both passengers
- Low price guarantee
- Fully transferrable
7. Can I choose some or all of my information not to be printed in the directory?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative what information you would prefer to have excluded. You may also communicate this information to the PCI customer service desk (800-395-4724) or to the Alumni Association (607-777-2431).
8. I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Call the PCI customer service help desk at 800-395-4724, and they will take care of this for you.