FRIDAY-SUNDAY OCT. 9-11
REUNION PLANNING GUIDE
If you are interested in celebrating at Homecoming 2015 (planned for Oct. 9-11) with a class-year or special-interest group reunion, the following ideas should help you create a memorable event. One of the best ways to enjoy Homecoming weekend is to spend it with the friends you made while attending Binghamton. The old expression "the more, the merrier" definitely holds true for Homecoming.
There are many ways to get your group together. Whether you prefer to use email, Facebook or the phone, you'll need to begin by getting in touch with old friends and classmates. The Alumni Association offers the B-Connected online community and a Facebook page. You can also reach out to alumni through LinkedIn. There's nothing like a personal message or call to get things started; it only takes a few people to organize a great reunion. Take the lead! Get some friends to help plan and spread the word, and you're on the way!
Decide when and where your group should get together. You may enjoy one or more of the following:
• Organize a station at Tailgate '15. Taking place on Saturday afternoon, Tailgate has become the weekend's signature event. Make a reservation, and we'll save you a great spot to set up your tailgate space. Bring your own grill, food and drinks, music and games - and have a great time. Don't forget, afterward, we'll have a men's soccer game and fireworks!
• Plan a party. Do you have a favorite local restaurant or night spot? Whether you choose a Saturday night party or a Sunday morning brunch, there are so many places to pick from. Choose the venue, and plan the perfect outing! See a partial listing of Binghamton-area restaurants.
• Explore campus. Picnic on the Peace Quad. Take a group walk through the Nature Preserve. Schedule a visit with a favorite faculty or staff member. Visit the places and people that meant so much when you were a student. There will even be a designated place for you to look through old photos and yearbooks.
While planning your gathering during Homecoming, here are some other things to keep in mind:
• It's already a party! There is a lot going on during Homecoming weekend. You may find it's best to just have your friends meet up at one or more scheduled events.
• Happy Anniversary! If you are a member of a milestone class year (10th, 20th, 25th, 40th, and 50th anniversaries), we'll have a special gift just for you!
• The Alumni Relations office is here to help. If you have questions about planning your event, or if you are wondering what help is available, please contact us.
• Reunions can happen anywhere, and at any time. Although alumni love to meet up during Homecoming Weekend, you may find it's a better fit to plan your dedicated reunion at another time or location. Consider what is best for your group, and remember that the Alumni Relations office can help you plan and execute your reunion, no matter where and when you wish to get together.
SHOW YOUR PRIDE! The Binghamton University Bookstore is your one-stop shop for apparel, accessories and home decor goods.