About the initiative
Through collaborative efforts across Binghamton University's divisions, the Healthy Campus Initiative strives to cultivate a culture that is supportive of individuals and groups in pursuit of their optimal potential.
- To generate an identity for the initiative that creates an awareness of the abundance of healthier living options available to the University community
- To showcase Binghamton University as a healthy campus by highlighting unique resources and celebrating institutional and personal achievements.
- To effectively change the culture and environment of the campus in a way that supports the pursuit of the constituents' optimal potential and improves their overall health status.
- Solidify the committee infrastructure
- Brand the initiative visually and develop a website
- Review current campus data to help prioritize needs and analyze gaps in services
- Prepare for the implementation of the NCHA in fall 2014
- Inventory University resources/programs related to initiative
- Set goals for next 2-3 year window