10:30 a.m.- 1:30 p.m.
Tuesday, March 22
Recreation Center, East Gym
Learn about campus and community resources to enhance your well-being
Information provided by Binghamton University Health Education, Confluence Running, Positive LifeForce, UHS Stay Healthy, Lourdes Hospital, Nutrition and Fitness Club/Interns, Southern Tier Dietetic Association, Binghamton University Counseling Center, Health & Wellness Studies Department, Campus Recreation and many more.
Special guest — Global Sound Bath
This year’s special guest, Global Sound Bath with bring its group rejuvenating experience to relax the body and mind. Deep, resonant tones from Himalayan and crystal singing bowls and gongs will carry you on a journey as you relax in zero gravity chairs. You’ll feel a deep spiritual connection and a sense of unity as you experience vivid imagery in meditation, creative visualization, inspiration and insight. Listening and allowing the sounds to flow over, within, and around you enables this process of clearing and calming the mind. Sound bath meditation can reduce your internal dialogue, stimulate the circulatory system, strengthen your immune system, and help you rebalance your physical, emotional and spiritual self. You’ll walk away from this healing journey with improved focus, and decreased stress and anxiety.
Eight person sessions will run every five minutes throughout the Health Fair in EG-106.
Sample food and drink
Be sure to check out Sodexo's station, fresh squeezed OJ, and fresh ground nut butter.
Participate in exercise sessions
- Stop in our group fitness rooms and try Vinyasa yoga, circuit training, barre burn, spin, core strength and Zumba
- Jump in on activities in the main gym including a hula hoop workshop, core health strengthening, a running crash course and preschool yoga
- Watch a fun taekwondo demo
Have a health screening
- Blood pressure (free)
- Cholesterol testing ($12.00)
Enjoy a chair massage
Relax with a free chair massage in the main gym vendor expo or lower level Wellness Suite. Visit the Wellness Suite and enter to win a gift certificate for a free massage.
Take a tour
- Visit the Outdoor Pursuits Rental Center and learn about our many adventures
Details for the day
FREE admission and limited free parking in Lot E; overflow parking available in the Parking Garage
Don't miss demos and info sessions
Free on-campus shuttle service
- Parking is limited. The green shuttle runs on a continuous loop around campus and stops at the bus stop on the brain near Lot E.
Enter to win raffle prizes
- Gift certificates, gift baskets and more
- Bags, water bottles, ear buds
Enjoy music by DJ Dave