Building Administrator Responsibilities
The following is a list of specific areas of responsibility:
- Attend a once a semester (Fall and Spring) Building Administrator Roundtable to discuss experiences, successes and challenges and bring issues to the table. Attend other specially called meetings as necessary.
- Maintain a current list of persons responsible for occupied lab spaces, including emergency contact information for each.
- Report all safety-related issues immediately to University Police, Environmental Health & Safety or Physical Facilities, as appropriate. Communicate building-related emergency preparedness procedures to building occupants.
- Maintain continuous communication with staff on all building related issues. Work with Physical Facilities Communications Specialist to create and continually provide updates for a Physical Facilities listserv of appropriate building occupants to assure proper dissemination of pertinent information. This includes utility shutdowns and disruption of services from other facilities-related work (planned or unplanned).
- Maintain awareness of facilities-related problems and communicate with the appropriate campus department for correction of those problems.
- Identify, collect and relay suggestions to conserve energy or prevent waste of resources. Communicate and/or direct inquiries of an environmental or energy nature to Physical Facilities or Environmental Health & Safety as appropriate.
- Assist in the education of building occupants as it relates to: a) recycling efforts; b) management procedures / policies such as no smoking, bicycles, skateboards in building, etc.
- Oversee building access control. Authorize the distribution and return of all internal keys and maintain an accurate accounting for this purpose.
- Develop building hours and coordinate with University Police. Coordinate posting of building hours with Physical Facilities.
- Approve building passes during silent hours.
- Assist Environmental Health & Safety in the coordination of building fire drills.
- Review all building related crime and incident reports received from University Police Department.
- Initiate remedial action resulting from regulatory audits. Assist with escorting of regulatory inspectors if requested.