Rec Center Memberships
Who can play
All currently enrolled students pay a recreation fee and have access to the Rec Center (excluding FitSpace and group fitness classes) during posted Rec Center building hours. During the summer, students must be enrolled in summer or fall classes to have Rec Center access.
Current faculty and staff have access to check-in to the Rec Center, Monday-Friday until 12:30 p.m., for morning and lunch time open recreation activities. All other access requires membership.
Access to FitSpace and group fitness classes requires the purchase of a Fitness or
All-Inclusive membership and biometrics (photo and finger scan) by everyone, including students.
|Fall Semester 2014||$100||12/19/14|
|Spring Semester 2015||$100||5/15/15|
|Academic Annual 2013-14||$180||5/15/15|
|Annual paid by month*||$19/ mo.||8/21/15|
|Month (fall and spring only)||$50||30 days|
|Faculty and Staff - All Inclusive|
|Fall Semester 2014||$130||12/19/14|
|Spring Semester 2015||$130||5/15/15|
|Academic Annual 2014-15||$235||5/15/15|
|Annual paid by month*||$24/ mo.||8/21/15|
|Month (fall and spring only)||$55||30 days|
|Faculty and Staff - Rec Only|
|Fall Semester 2014||$40||12/19/14|
|Spring Semester 2015||$40||5/15/15|
|Academic Annual 2014-15||$70||5/15/15|
|Annual paid by month*||$8/ mo.||8/21/15|
|Affiliate - All Inclusive|
|Fall Semester 2014||$160||12/19/14|
|Spring Semester 2015||$160||5/15/15|
|Academic Annual 2014-15||$290||5/15/15|
|Annual paid by month*||$30||8/21/15|
|Month (fall and spring only)||$65||30 days|
|Community - All Inclusive|
|Fall Semester 2014||$210||12/19/14|
|Spring Semester 2015||$210||5/15/15|
|Academic Annual 2014-15||$380||5/15/15|
|Annual paid by month*||$39||8/21/15|
|Month (fall and spring only)||$80||30 days|
|Half Locker Rental|
|Summer Semester 2014||$30||8/22/14|
|Fall Semester 2014||$30||12/19/14|
|Spring Semester 2015||$30||5/15/15|
|Academic Annual 2014-15||$55||5/15/15|
|Annual paid by month*||$7||8/21/15|
|Full Locker Rental|
|Academic Annual 2014-15||$70||5/15/15|
|Annual paid by month*||$8||8/21/15|
Affiliate and community members who have a valid active University ID card, at the time of membership purchase, will have the $15 joining fee waived. All others will be issued a Rec ID card.
Parking on campus requires a permit or use of a metered spot. All Affiliate and Community Memberships include access to park in Lot E1 (behind the Rec Center) for the duration of the membership. Cars must be registered in order to be issued a hang tag for Lot E1.
Membership Types & Locker Rentals
Student Fitness Membership
Gives student members unlimited access to FitSpace and all group fitness classes when the Rec Center is open
College Student (Non-Binghamton University) - Summer Only
Gives local area college students unlimited Rec Center access when the facility is open, including access to FitSpace and group fitness classes. College Student members are defined as currently matriculated students from another college or university. Valid ID card from other institution is required at time of purchase.
Faculty/Staff All-Inclusive Fitness Membership
Gives faculty, staff and retiree members unlimited Rec Center access when the facility is open, including access to FitSpace and all group fitness classes
Faculty/Staff Rec Only Membership
Gives faculty, staff and retirees access to enter the Rec Center for Open Recreation activities, including afternoons, evenings and weekends.
Affiliate All-Inclusive Fitness Membership
Gives affiliate members unlimited Rec Center access when the facility is open, including access to FitSpace and all group fitness classes. Affiliate members are defined as alumni, spouses or dependent children (over 18) of students, faculty and staff as well as other University affiliated personnel not considered faculty/staff.
Community All-Inclusive Fitness Membership
Gives community members unlimited Rec Center access when the facility is open, including access to FitSpace and all group fitness classes. Community members are defined as anyone who does not meet the definition of student, faculty/staff or affiliate members (as listed above).
Half Locker Rental
Half size lockers are available for rental on a semester, academic annual and annual basis in both the men's and women's locker room. All locker rentals include a shower towel and service for the duration of the rental period.
Full Locker Rental
Full length lockers are available for rental on an academic annual and annual basis in both the men's and women's locker room. All locker rentals include a shower towel and service for the duration of the rental period and must now be purchased in person at the Rec Center Front Desk.
*Annual paid by month
Annual memberships and lockers can be paid monthly with a valid credit card on file. The following terms and conditions apply:
- Only annual memberships and lockers can be paid on a monthly basis.
- Member must leave a valid credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover) on file at the time of registration. It is the member's responsibility to update the front desk of any changes to credit card information (i.e. new expiration date, cancellation of card).
- Members will be required to pay an Initial Join Fee (unless waived) — the first and last month's payment — at the time of registration. The first month's payment will be prorated for the number of days left in the month. If registering after the 15th of the month, the member is required to pay for both first and second month's payments at the time of registration.
- If the first year's contract is fulfilled completely, the last month's payment will be applied as the last repetitive charge (i.e. the 12th installation). No refunds of this payment will be provided for accounts that do not fulfill the entire contract period or that have outstanding balances.
- Credit card will be billed at the beginning of each month (between the 2nd and 6th of the month) for that month's balance.
- If the monthly amount due is not paid in full (i.e. card is declined), the membership and all access will be immediately frozen. Access will resume once monthly payment has been made in full.
- If payment is declined on two occasions, membership will be cancelled. Members wishing to regain access to the facility will be required to purchase the remainder of their membership term in full. There will be no refund of past charges.
- Accounts unresolved after 30 days will be cancelled and the member will be billed for the entire balance of the contract period. After 60 days, all unpaid bills will be sent to Student Accounts for collection.
- Registration is for an annual membership and/or locker for the duration of the required contract period below.
|MEMBERSHIP PURCHASED IN||REQUIRED CONTRACT PERIOD ENDS|
|Fall '14 (September - December)||August 21, 2015|
|Spring '15 (January - April)||December 23, 2015|
|Summer '15 (May - August)||May 18, 2016|
- All repetitive billing contracts will automatically renew and continue into the next membership year unless notification is given at least 45 days in advance of contract end date by completing the cancellation form available at the front desk. If membership is not cancelled in person, the billing cycle will continue at the same rate. No additional paperwork is required for renewal.
- Cancellation requests made during the required contract period are subject to the normal refund policy terms and conditions.
- If member status at the University changed during the contract year (i.e. student who graduated is now an alumnus/affiliate member), member account will be adjusted accordingly and the new rate will be applied to the monthly billing cycle when the contract renews.
- After the completion of one full contract period, members may cancel at any point. Cancellation must be done in person and requires a minimum of 45 days notice.
- Biometrics identification (photo and finger scan) is required of all fitness members in order to use FitSpace and/or take part in group fitness classes. The use of biometrics is part of members' contractual agreement, and therefore is not optional (i.e. you may not opt out). Provisions are only made when a finger scan is physically not able to be collected.
Purchasing a Membership or Locker
Membership sales are available in person at the Recreation Center Front Desk. Once purchased, the fitness membership will be activated on the participant's University or Rec ID card and members may utilize the fitness facilities immediately. Members who are not eligible for a University ID card at the time of purchase will be issued a Rec ID card. Lost ID cards are the responsibility of the owner to replace. University ID cards are replaced by the Registrars Office (for students) or Human Resources (for faculty/staff). Rec ID cards can be replaced at the Rec Center Front Desk for $10.
Current students, faculty and staff can purchase memberships online for the Fall 2015 semester beginning Monday, July 7 with valid PODS log-in. Students wishing to purchase online must be registered for classes this Fall. Purchases made on-line are processed and available for use the next business day. Members should retain their receipt as proof of purchase until the membership is activated on their ID card. Please note, all students, faculty/staff must have a current University or Rec ID card with them or have biometric information on file (photo and finger scan) to enter the Rec Center at all times. Receipts will only be used to verify membership status until the membership is actually applied to the ID card itself.
Please note: Locker rentals are available for East Gym lockers only and do not require the purchase of a fitness membership for students, faculty and staff. Full-size lockers, annual memberships paid by month, Affiliate and Community memberships may ONLY be processed in person. Due to their limited supply, full length lockers are only available for the academic annual and annual membership periods.
Members wishing to obtain a refund must request so in person. Full refunds are considered only during the first seven (7) calendar days of membership. Thereafter, applications for refunds will be considered for the following reasons, provided proof is also submitted: medical or departure/withdrawal from Binghamton University. A $20 processing fee will be assessed for these refunds. The duration of a membership may not be altered for any reason, including freezing or transferring.
For more information, contact the Rec Center Front Desk at 777-PLAY (7529).