The following rules and procedures have been developed for the safety and enjoyment of all members. Users are responsible for reading and adhering to published policies and posted signs.
1. Participation is at your own risk. Users are responsible for reading and adhering to published policies and posted signs.
2. A valid fitness membership is required to enter.
3. Clean, dry, athletic footwear is required at all times. No open shoes, sandals, boots, or bare feet are allowed.
4. Appropriate athletic clothing must be worn. Full length shirts (no bra tops, midriff
or muscle tanks) with sleeves are required*. No street clothing is permitted. Shorts
must be of a modest length which allow for full coverage, even during movement.
* Using clothing as a barrier between an individual and fitness equipment reduces the chances of acquiring an illness or infection (such as MRSA), and also protected the equipment from degradation from body oil.
5. Participants are encouraged to attend to matters of personal hygiene and cleanliness as well as the cleanliness of their workout wear.
6. No crutches or open-toed casts are allowed in the facility.
7. No book bags, personal bags or coats are allowed. All items brought into the center must stay on your person.
8. Gallon jugs (bottle limit: 32 oz.), smoking, smokeless tobacco, alcoholic beverages and gum are not permitted. Beverage containers MUST have a screw on lid.
9. Limit the length of your workout at a single station when others are waiting. Allow others to work in between sets. Refer to posted time limits for cardiovascular equipment.
10. Do not drop or throw weights. Weights MUST be returned gently to the floor and/or racked where they belong.
11. Users are responsible for engaging in safe lifting practices. Excessive grunting or shouting is not allowed.
12. Olympic style power lifting is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited
to; hang cleans, jerks, and snatches.
*Users may not perform the aforementioned lifts as we do not have proper setup, equipment and space. Proper setup would include a lifting platform, a power lifting cage with no permanent side/crash bars, and rubber bumper weights that can be dropped safely. Lifts that are allowed INSIDE the cages include squats, bench press and deadlifts. Barbells should remain inside the cages, or on the benches at all times.
13. Wipe off equipment after use.
14. Re-rack all plates, dumbbells and attachments after each use.
15. Equipment and facilities should be used for their intended purpose. Modification is prohibited.
16. ONLY certified personal trainers employed by Campus Recreation are permitted to train in our facility. No patron is allowed to receive personal training from a person unaffiliated with Campus Recreation.
17. Report equipment malfunction or damage to a staff member. Use of broken equipment is strictly prohibited.
18. Violation of rules and posted policies, property damage, solicitation or verbal
abuse of employees will be investigated by the staff and/or University Police and
may result in loss of membership and/or judicial or criminal action.
*Campus Recreation is committed to providing a safe environment for both patrons and staff. Actions or behaviors that jeopardize the safety of others or oneself will not be tolerated. Recreation will take action to ensure the overall safety & integrity of their services. CRS retains the right to revoke access to anyone who is uncooperative or creates a dangerous environment.
19. Campus Recreational Services is not responsible for any personal items lost or stolen, including those in locked lockers or left overnight.