Learning Environment Committee
The Learning Environment Committee (LEC) is an advisory committee to the vice provost for strategic and fiscal planning. Membership is composed of representatives from each school and several University departments. The LEC's mission is to advocate for Binghamton University's classrooms and other learning spaces.
- Develop a strategic plan for the most effective use of Binghamton's classrooms and learning spaces
- Enhance all classroom and learning environment standards, including physical characteristics such as acoustics, HVAC, blackboard sizes, etc.
- Serve as conduit for faculty concerns regarding the campus' learning environments and instructional technologies
- Evaluate classroom scheduling and utilization policies
- Compare and monitor classroom stock and course offerings
- Evaluate the ability of courses to meet their maximum enrollment limits
- Investigate alternative modes of course delivery
- Michele Deskin, Physical Facilities
- Jesenko Muftic, Physical Facilities
- Michelle Ponczek, Course Building and Academic Space Management
- James Pitaressi, Center for Learning and Teaching
- Andrew Tucci, Educational Communications Center
For More Information
Contact Michelle Ponczek, director, Course Building and Academic Space Management, and chair, Learning Environment Committee, at 607-777-4587 or email@example.com.