Undergraduate Students, Graduate Students
- Seeking out and contacting potential sponsors
- Contacting members, special event participants, etc.
- Maintain membership and animal adoptions databases, including issuing cards to new members and sending out animal adoption packages
- Research new fundraising opportunities
- Helping to plan, organize, and run special events
- Participate in on and off-site marketing efforts
- Research and develop new marketing campaigns and ideas
- Interns may have the opportunity to get involved with the zoo’s social media efforts and other marketing tasks
- Help out with the Education Department when needed
Opportunities are available to gain insight into development of the zoo and its’ special events. Interns will be directly involved in all aspects of special events including planning, organizing, running, and clean up. Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills are a must due to involvement with the public. Applicants with prior event planning, sales, or marketing experience are preferred.