Internship (Paid - )
Undergraduate Students, Graduate Students
Maintains a safe and supportive environment for clients, utilizing the resources of the Rescue Mission to ensure a healthy and pleasant stay and provide an environment of positive change for clients served. This paid position can work up to 24 hours a week covering Friday and Saturday overnight shifts from 11:00 PM to 7:30 AM and Monday 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM. The successful internship candidate DOES NOT need to work all three shifts, as we will take up to three interns to cover those positions, but can choose to work all three shifts if so desired.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develops rapport with clients and provides support, encouragement, and motivation towards building and/or maintaining independence while maintaining appropriate professional employee-client boundaries at all times.
2. Participates as a team player to provide the best possible care for every client who enters Rescue Mission facilities by completing rounds, monitoring facilities, facilitating drug and breathalyzer tests, giving out personal care items and bedding, enforcing guidelines as appropriate and referring clients to appropriate internal services; does so while treating clients with respect and dignity.
3. Shares pertinent client information via documentation, participation in meetings, and on an individual basis as needed, maintaining confidentiality as appropriate.
4. Supports the Rescue Mission by agreeing to work within the parameters of the Vision and Mission statements, and promotes the Rescue Mission in interactions both internal and external to the Rescue Mission.
5. Supports and complies with all organizational and Program Services policies and procedures.
6. Supports and complies with the Rescue Missionís vision, mission and core values.
7. Maintains a safe working environment free of hazards.