Human Development offers a bachelor's degree program in which you'll explore complex physical, family, cognitive and social development issues as a way to better understand the lifespan and the development of people throughout a lifetime. This pre-professional degree is designed to prepare students to go directly into the workforce with clients and patients in a variety of settings, or as a foundation for advanced degrees.
Master's degree programs
Public Administration offers a master of public administration (MPA) degree that prepares students to lead not-for-profit and governmental agencies. Our faculty work closely with students to prepare them to tackle the challenging issues facing our communities and world today.
Social Work offers a master of social work (MSW) degree that prepares students for the social work professions using a generalist approach to learning. Full- and part-time study options are available as well as advanced-standing programs for graduates of accredited BSW programs.
Student Affairs Administration offers a master of student affairs administration (MSAA) degree that prepares students for careers in student services in two- and four-year institutions of higher education. Students acquire an excellent understanding of effective leadership in student affairs through theory, practice and research.
Community and Public Affairs offers a doctoral degree (PhD) that prepares students to enter a community of scholars, educators and advanced practitioners who can:
- conduct methodologically rigorous in situ-based research on the dynamic interplay among communities, the organizations serving them and the multilevel power relations framing people's everyday lives;
- generate knowledge and expand theories that illuminate these interrelationships;
- design theoretically sound and effective programs that engage issues of diversity, social justice, culture, power and difference in ways that facilitate the empowerment of communities and their members; and
- lead the transformation of organizations to better address the challenges of contemporary society.
- Asian/Asian American Studies BA-MPA
- Economics BA-MPA
- Environmental Studies BA-MPA
- French BA-MPA
- Italian BA-MPA
- Judaic Studies BA-MPA
- Latin American and Caribbean Area Studies Program (LACAS) BA-MPA
- Philosophy, Politics and Law BA-MPA
- Political Science BA-MPA
- Spanish BA-MPA
- Theater BA-MPA