Director of Admissions and Student Services
Office: (607) 777-9164
Office Location: Downtown Center, Room #319
Fax: (607) 777-5683
Brian is the Director of Admissions and Student Services at Binghamton University's Department of Social Work. He earned his BA in psychology from the University of Arizona, and dual Masters Degrees from Binghamton University and SUNY Albany. Brian has been a clinical social worker for 11 years. He has had the pleasure of working with diverse client populations through his experience as a medical and emergency room social worker and as a psychotherapist working with patients living with HIV. He has experience in the areas of crisis intervention, grief and loss, discharge planning and chemical dependency treatment as well as having provided case management and mental health services. He is a disaster mental health volunteer with The American Red Cross. Brian was deployed to Ground Zero with Disaster Mental Health following the September 11th attacks and he also traveled to Thailand providing support after the 2004 Tsunami. Brian continues to serve as a community member on the Ethics Committee at United Health Services and on the Tioga County Mental Hygiene Community Services Board.
- Recruitment of prospective students
- Coordination of admissions procedures
- Advising and coordination of services for incoming students
- Teaching of selected MSW courses
- Academic advising and field liaison responsibilities for current students
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- MSW, State University of New York at Albany
- MA, Social Sciences, Binghamton University
- BA, University of Arizona
Flynn, B. (2008). LGBT Communities and Health Care. In G. Mallon, Social Work Practice with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender People. New York, NY: Routledge.