Individual Assistance and Counseling
The Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development offers individual counseling (in person or telephone appointment and email) to Binghamton University graduates up to six months after graduation. After this time, alumni seeking individual assistance for career change or job search are encouraged to contact their local resources for assistance. Examples include:
- The New York State Department of Labor and Workforce New York
The Division of Employment Services offices provide convenient "one-stop shopping" for employment-related needs. They offer many programs in a single location - including career-related assistance and services for employers. Some offices are located in One-Stop Career Centers, where the Department of Labor works in tandem with county and local workforce agencies. A county by county listing of Employment Offices is available.
- Career One Stop sponsored by the US Department of Labor is a source for employment, career exploration and career change. It enables you to identify services near you in all 50 states.
- National Career Development Association (NCDA) provides a state-by-state list of career counseling professionals. Click on ' Career Center ' then on 'Need a Career Counselor?'
- Career Counselors' Consortium is a one-stop online directory for finding a career counselor.
- Additional Resources for Metro New York Alumni: Training, Job Placement & Career Counseling Services from the Brooklyn Public Library
The website of the Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development at Binghamton University contains links to other websites as a convenience for its users and is not responsible for the contents of any linked site.