CDCI 200, Bridging Academics to Careers: Exploring Opportunities in a Global Society
- On-line course taught entirely through Blackboard, with one required day in New York City to attend two employer site visits (see dates below)
- Earn two credits
- Satisfies "W" requirement
- Summer Session 2015
- CDCI 200.01 5/26 - 6/26
- CDCI 200.02 5/26 - 6/26
- CDCI 200.03 5/26 - 8/7
- Register through BU Brain: CDCI 200
Employer visits in New York City (check back soon for details):
CDCI 200.01 - June 22
CDCI 200.02 - June 23
CDCI 200.03 - June 22
Course Overview and Objectives:
The goal of this course is to guide you in creating a meaningful and purposeful plan to prepare for your future career while getting the most out of your college experience. This course is ideal for first year students, sophomores, or juniors who either have yet to declare a major, or who are having second thoughts about their current majors and are experiencing overall uncertainty about their career direction.
Through online discussion, a day spent in New York City at employer visits, a series of activities including self-tests, conducting informational interviews, and researching major and careers, you are encouraged to:
- Build knowledge about self, academic majors, and careers by engaging in a variety of activities and experiences.
- Learn strategies for setting career and life goals, and how to use experiential learning to enhance those strategies.
- Identify and integrate personal history, interests, values, skills, and personality style to assist in career decision making in the context of a complex global society.
- Understand how career assessments and other interventions are used to facilitate career decision making.
- Gain information about careers, majors, professionalism, and decision making through the use of campus resources as well as field and online research.
- Learn about workplace trends to enhance current and future career decision making.
* We will all meet in NYC on the specified days and times.
Required Course Materials:
- Hanvey, Heeg, Kreitl, Lloyd, & Yarnelle (2010). Ready or Not: Beginning Your Career Journey.
- Online modules (through Blackboard)
For more information on the course please contact course instructors:
For information on costs related to registering for Winter term click here!