On July 1, 2010 the Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development discontinued its Credentials File service.
Students and alumni are directed to Interfolio, the premier online reference/credentials management service for candidates applying for graduate school, academic positions, or other areas of employment.
Faculty and staff can create a free Interfolio writer's account:
- Once students/alumni have registered with Interfolio, upload the letters you have written electronically into Interfolio’s safe and secure system, or mail letters directly to Interfolio.
- You maintain access to all uploaded documents, to check the status or easily make updates to documents you’ve written.
- To learn more, review the Interfolio Letter Writer User’s Guide
Interfolio’s Reliability and Security:
- Interfolio reviews every letter once upon receipt and again prior to delivery to ensure accuracy and legitimacy.
- Letter writers can personally verify the authenticity of documents they upload electronically through writer accounts.
- Interfolio is FERPA compliant and uses multiple layers of technological security to ensure that confidential documents stay that way. Students cannot read closed or confidential letters.
- Robust technological safeguards, including SSL encryption, keep stored documents secure, and private. Digital backups are stored at a secure, off-site location to further protect important documents.