On Campus Recruiting - Student Policies
Use of hireBING and On Campus Recruiting
- Once a student has accepted a job/internship offer, students are not permitted to continue interviewing through on campus recruiting. If a student is found to be interviewing when they have already accepted a position, employers with which they are interviewing will be notified and the student's hireBING account will be inactivated.
- Students who are currently on study abroad are instructed to notify an employer during the application process of their status. If a student who is studying abroad is selected for an interview, it is the student's responsibility to notify the employer and the Fleishman Center at least 5 business days in advance of the interview so other arrangements can be made.
- Current Binghamton University students, who operate a business or serve as an employer, must consult with Employer Services staff prior to requesting use of any of the Fleishman Centert's employer services.
- Students who have a scheduled a job, internship, or mock interview or an appointment during employer office hours are required to give at least 24 hours (business day) notice if they are unable to keep the appointment. Students may cancel either call 607-777-2400 or send an e-mail to hireBING@binghamton.edu.
- A student who does not give 24 hours (business day) notice to cancel an interview or office hours, or who is a "NO SHOW" for the interview will have their hireBING account inactivated.
- Any student/alumnus who knowingly falsifies or misrepresents their academic or personal information on hireBING or within their resume will have their hireBING account inactivated and may be subject to campus judicial charges.
- A student/alumnus who has had their hireBING account inactivated due to violation of these policies must meet with a staff member from the Fleishman Center to discuss reactivation of their account.
- It is the responsibility of the student to notify the Fleishman Center if there are instances of unprofessional action by an employer.
- The Fleishman Center makes no representations or guarantees about the positions listed in hireBING. Students are advised to read all details provided carefully and thoroughly in order to make an informed decision before applying for any position within any organization. Please speak with a Fleishman Center staff member if you have any concerns about a position or organization listed.