Sodexo Internship Fund
Sodexo Internship Fund
While recognizing that participation in internship experiences is a vital part of career preparation, many students are unable to pursue valuable unpaid summer opportunities because they must earn funds for their education. The Sodexo Internship Fund provides the opportunity for talented undergraduate students to have financial support while completing unpaid summer internships.
Through the Sodexo Internship Fund students may receive up to $5,000 to defray the cost of lost income as a result of pursuing an unpaid internship. Preference will be given to current Sodexo student employees and students who may not otherwise be able to complete an unpaid internship due to financial constraints. Priority will be given to students who have not previously received support through the Sodexo Internship Fund and those with financial need. These funds are not intended to support undergraduate research and scholarly or creative work. For information on research resources visit the Undergraduate Research Center http://www2.binghamton.edu/undergraduate-research-center/
Who is Eligible:
Currently matriculated Binghamton University undergraduate students who have been offered an unpaid full or part-time internship for summer 2014 may apply. Students must be completing the internship before they graduate. Candidates must meet all of the following criteria:
- US citizen
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file at the University's Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services. Students with financial need will have priority.
All of the following items must be submitted in order for an application to be considered:
- Completed application form
- Resume uploaded to the "Sodexo Internship Fund" job posting in hireBING (Visit the the Fleishman Career Center's website for resume help and have your resume reviewed in the Fleishman Career Center during Counselor-on-Call hours)
- A personal statement uploaded to the "Sodexo Internship Fund" job posting in hireBING, no more than 2 pages in length, describing the internship you have been offered and how it fits with your career plans
- A letter or email from the organization offering an internship position. The offer
letter must include all of the following details:
- Description of the opportunity and intern expectations
- Number of hours per week and the total number of weeks for the internship
- Location of the internship (city, state, country, if outside the US)
- Statement that the internship is unpaid
- The internship supervisors' name and contact information (email, phone and address)
- Two reference letters (letters from current Sodexo staff will not be accepted)
Submit reference letters and the email/letter from the internship provider to Sodexo Internship Fund, the Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development, PO Box 6000, Binghamton, NY 13902-6000 or via email to email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed and decisions made on a rolling basis. Applications cannot be considered until all of the above items are received.
- The Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development staff will assist students in identifying internship opportunities and will review draft resumes during walk-in advising hours.
- Academic credit may be available through the Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development's CDCI Program or a student's academic major department.
- Please note: Some employers may require students to take the internship for credit.
Applications will be reviewed beginning March 17, 2014 and decisions made on a rolling basis. Applications cannot be considered until all of the above items are received. The final deadline to apply is April 23, 2014. Applications received after 1PM EST on April 23, 2014 will not be considered. Final decisions will be communicated during the first week in May.
Erin Jennings, Internship Advisor
Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org