New Student Orientation
Welcome to Binghamton University! Below are the resources that were presented at orientation by a representative from The Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development. The resources are intended to help you integrate into the University and prepare for eventual career success.
When you get to campus in the Fall, please visit the Fleishman Career Center during Walk-in Advising hours to talk about your future major or career, have your resume reviewed, discuss your internship search, or other career-related questions. You should also consider attending Fleishman Career Center programs, such as choosing a major, resume writing, internship search, interviewing, networking, LinkedIn, and more.
- New student Orientation Presentation: What incoming first-year students need to know about the Fleishman Career Center now
- Transfer Student Orientation Presentation: What incoming transfer students need to know about the Fleishman Career Center now
- Fleishman Career Center Fact Sheet: A brief overview of our services
- Fleishman Career Center Information Sheet: An excerpt of where Binghamton University students go after they graduate
- B-Engaged: Learn about possible co-curricular activities and record them throughout your academic career
- Parent Orientation page: If you are a parent of a Binghamton Universith student, click here (Parent page link)
Other Quick-Reference-Guide links:
- On-campus Part-time jobs: Looking for a Work Study (FWS) or on-campus part time job? Start here.
- Career Planning Guide: What do you need to do to get the most out of your BU experience? Read this.
- Transferable Skills: What are employers looking for? Make sure to develop and highlight these skills.
- Resume Writing Guide: Showcase your experience and skills effectively