When and how do I receive my diploma?
- Diplomas are mailed 6 - 8 weeks via the U.S. Postal Service after the end of the semester to the address provided on the Application for Degree. If you did not provide one on the form, the diploma will be mailed to the permanent address on file with the University's Registrar's Office.
- If you need to change your diploma address, please contact the Degree Coordinator.
- If an MG (Missing Grade) or an I (Incomplete) is noted on your transcript, your degree will not be conferred until you are given a final grade. Contact the instructor of the course with questions.
- You must resolve all financial holds before you can receive your diploma. Check your student account balance via BU BRAIN, and contact Student Accounts to clear any holds.
What’s on my diploma?
- Your name will appear as you entered it on your Application for Degree. Your name cannot be changed after the diploma has been printed. To make any changes to your diploma after you’ve submitted the Application for Degree, you must contact the Degree Coordinator.
- If you earned Latin Honors (Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude or Cum Laude), the designation will be included on your diploma.
- Only students in the College of Community and Public Affairs and the Thomas J. Watson School of Engineering and Applied Science will have their majors printed on their diplomas.
- Harpur students completing more than one major will only receive one (1) diploma. All majors and minors will appear on the official transcript.
If you ever lose your diploma...
Duplicate diplomas can be ordered for $15 from the Registrar's Office. To do so, send a completed Replacement Diploma Request form, along with check or money order payable to Binghamton University.
Mail request and payment to:
Financial Aid and Student Records
PO Box 6000
Binghamton, NY 13902
Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing and delivery by U.S. Postal Service. International deliveries may take several additional weeks.