Faculty ceremony instructions
Week of Commencement
- Faculty do not need to pick up rented regalia at the bookstore. All rented regalia will be available in the robing area behind
the stage prior to the ceremony.
- Remove personal regalia from storage and steam if necessary.
Day of Commencement
Arrive on campus
- All faculty should be at the Events Center no later than one hour prior to their ceremony.
- Park in Lots H, M or C.
Enter the Events Center through the far left entrance
- This entrance will be labeled to the left of the main entrance.
- Take either the stairs or elevator down to the ground level (EL – Event Level)
- Report to the faculty check-in area behind the stage.
- Faculty, School and Department Marshals will find the gray robes and green tams in
the check-in area.
Faculty walking with doctoral students should report to the graduate student check-in
area after robing.
- At approximately 30 minutes prior to the ceremony, you will be instructed to line
up into two columns behind the faculty marshals (two faculty members wearing gray
- You will join the processional behind the bagpipers and ahead of the Platform Party.
- The bagpipers will stop and face the audience; do not stop, keep approaching the stage.
- The two columns will split at the end of the center aisle and enter the stage on opposite
- Seats in the faculty section should be filled from front to back.
- You will be provided with a ceremony program and a bottle of water on stage.
- Remember, the ceremony is being recorded; you will be on camera the majority of the
- The faculty marshals will lead faculty off opposite sides of the stage.
- The two columns of faculty will meet in the center aisle and process out.
- Faculty will follow the Platform Party through the tunnel on the right.
- To return to the robing area, make a right once you exit the tunnel.
- Be sure to return any rented regalia to the check-in area behind the stage.
Last Updated: 5/12/14