Return to Top
Week of Commencement
- More specific instructions will be emailed one week prior to Commencement weekend.
- Remove personal regalia from storage and steam if necessary.
Day of Commencement
Arrive on campus
- All faculty should be at the Events Center no later than one hour prior to their ceremony.
- Park in Lots H, M, E or C.
- Platform Party and VIP guests please park in Lot F.
- Enter the Events Center through the far left entrance (near Tau Club Room).
- All regalia will be available in the robing area. Follow the signage in the Events
Center for location.
- Report to the faculty check-in area.
- Faculty and School marshals will find the gray robes and green tams in the check-in
area. Department marshals wear their own regalia.
- Faculty walking with doctoral students should report to the student check-in area
located behind the stage 25-30 minutes prior to the ceremony start time.
- All faculty are invited to the Tau Club Room for refreshments.
- At approximately 30 minutes prior to the ceremony, you will be instructed to line
up into two columns behind the faculty marshals (two faculty members wearing gray
- You will join the processional behind the bagpipers and ahead of the Platform Party.
- The bagpipers will stop and face the audience; do not stop, keep approaching the stage.
- The two columns will split at the end of the center aisle and enter the stage on opposite
- Seats in the faculty section should be filled from front to back.
- You will be provided with a ceremony program and a bottle of water on stage.
- Remember, the ceremony is being recorded; you will be on camera the majority of the
- The faculty marshals will lead faculty off opposite sides of the stage.
- The two columns of faculty will meet in the center aisle and process out.
- Faculty will follow the Platform Party through the tunnel on the right.
- Be sure to return any regalia to the check-in area. Platform Party return regalia
to the Tau Club Room.
Last Updated: 2/22/16