Graduation Checklist - It's as easy as 1-2-3
1. Application for Degree
The Application for Degree is a required form that notifies the University of a student's intent to fulfill his/her degree requirements at the end of the current semester.
Undergraduate Application for Degree (AFD)
- Fall 2013 applications must be submitted no later than Friday, November 1, to guarantee inclusion in the fall 2013 Commencement program.
- The undergraduate AFD is on BU BRAIN, under the Student tab
Graduate Application for Degree (GAFD)
- The Fall 2013 Graduate Application for Degree (GAFD) is now available. You may access the form from the Graduate School web site at http://www2.binghamton.edu/grad-school/new-and-current-students/graduating-students/index.html.
2. Commencement Participation Form (CPF)
Participating in Commencement activities is optional and does not guarantee graduation. To be considered a Binghamton University graduate, you must complete the Application for Degree and satisfy all your degree requirements. If you would like to participate in Fall 2013 Commencement, you must complete the Commencement Participation Form (CPF). Deadline for submission: November 26, 2013.
Successful submission of the online CPF form:
- Reserves your seat and your guests' tickets for Commencement
- Makes you eligible to purchase a cap and gown
- Adds you to the online ticket system
Petition to Walk (for undergraduates only)
Undergraduate students who will complete their degree requirements during winter or spring 2014 may petition to walk in the fall 2013 ceremony. Deadline for submission: November 26, 2013.
To be approved, the following criteria must be met:
- 12 or fewer credits remaining to fulfill degree requirements AND completing these
credits during the next major term
- This information will be verified through DARS
- Any discrepancies within DARS must be resolved between the student and academic advisor
Exceptions may be made in the following circumstances:
- Military or family necessity
- International student returning to home country
- Extraordinary personal circumstances
3. Cap & GownAll students must wear a cap and gown to participate in Commencement. You may order your cap and gown online through the Herff Jones website. More cap and gown details >>