Graduation checklist - it's as easy as 1-2-3
1. Application for Degree
The Application for Degree is a required form that notifies the University of a student's intent to fulfill his/her degree requirements at the end of the current semester.
Undergraduate Application for Degree (AFD)
- Fall 2014 applications must be submitted no later than Friday, October 31, 2014 to guarantee inclusion in the fall 2014 commencement program.
- The undergraduate AFD is on BU BRAIN, under the student tab.
Graduate Application for Degree (GAFD)
- The Fall 2014 Graduate Application for Degree (GAFD) is now available. You may access the form from the Graduate School website. Deadline: Friday, October 31, 2014.
2. Commencement Participation Form (CPF)
Participating in commencement activities is optional and does not guarantee graduation. To be considered a Binghamton University graduate, you must complete the Application for Degree and satisfy all your degree requirements. If you would like to participate in Fall 2014 Commencement, you must complete the Commencement Participation Form (CPF). Students with a double major from two different schools may choose which school to walk with. Deadline for submission: Friday, December 5, 2014.
Successful submission of the online CPF form:
- Makes you eligible to purchase a cap and gown
- Adds you to the online ticket system
Petition to Walk (for undergraduates only)
Undergraduate students who will complete their degree requirements during winter or spring 2015 may petition to walk in the fall 2014 ceremony. Deadline for submission: Friday, November 14, 2014.
To be approved, the following criteria must be met:
- You must have 12 or fewer credits remaining to fulfill your degree requirements and
you must intend to complete these credits during the next major term.
- This information will be verified through DARS or Degree Works.
- Any discrepancies within DARS or Degree Works must be resolved between the student and his/her academic advisor.
Exceptions may be made in the following circumstances:
- Military or family necessity
- International student returning to home country
- Extraordinary personal circumstances
3. Cap and gown
All students must wear a cap and gown to participate in Commencement. To order your cap and gown, go to: cap and gown details
For instructions on claiming your tickets, go to: Claim Guest Tickets