1. Application for Degree
The Application for Degree is a required form that notifies the University of a student's intent to fulfill his/her degree requirements at the end of the current semester.
- Undergraduate Application for Degree (AFD)
- If you have not declared your candidacy, please to go BU BRAIN to complete this. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- The undergraduate AFD is on BU BRAIN, under the student tab. Deadline: Friday, October 30, 2015.
- Graduate Application for Degree (GAFD)
- The Fall 2015 Graduate Application for Degree (GAFD) is available here. Deadline: Friday, October 30, 2015.
- Fall 2015 GAFDs must be submitted no later than Friday, October 30, 2015 to guarantee inclusion in the fall 2015 commencement program.
2. Commencement Participation Form (CPF)
Participating in commencement activities is optional and does not guarantee graduation. To be considered a Binghamton University graduate, you must complete the Application for Degree and satisfy all your degree requirements. If you would like to participate in fall 2015 Commencement, you must complete the Commencement Participation Form (CPF). Students with a double major from two different schools may choose which school to walk with. Those who have already completed your degree requirements and wish to participate in this year's ceremony should complete the Commencement Participation Form (CPF). Deadline for submission: Friday, December 4, 2015.
Successful submission of the online Commencement Participation Form (CPF):
- Makes you eligible to purchase a cap and gown
- Adds you to the online ticket system
3. Petition to Walk
The deadline for submission of the Petition to Walk form is Friday, October 30, 2015. However, in order for your name to be considered for inclusion in the spring 2016 commencement program, your application must be submitted no later than TBD.
To be approved, the following criteria must be met:
- For undergraduate students, you must have 12 or fewer credits remaining to fulfill your degree requirements and you must intend to complete these credits by the end of the next major term.
- This information will be verified through DARS or Degree Works.
- Any discrepancies within DARS or Degree Works must be resolved between the student and his/her academic advisor.
Exceptions may be made in the following circumstances:
- Military or family necessity
- International student returning to home country
- Extraordinary personal circumstances
4. Cap and Gown
All students must wear a cap and gown to participate in Commencement. To order your cap and gown, go to: Cap and Gown Details
Commencement tickets may be claimed at this link beginning Monday, November 30th at 8:00am: http://prod1.agileticketing.net/websales/pages/EntryPoint.aspx?guid=51b1a087-1343-4872-b3da-5c3fe6c4ce2d&.
Commencement tickets may also be claimed through the Events Center Website.
Monday, November 30 – Tuesday, December 8
- Only students who have registered for Commencement (using the Commencement Participation Form) are permitted to claim 6 tickets during this first week. If you are not able to claim tickets, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 607-777-2140.
Wednesday, December 9 – Friday, December 18
- Additional tickets are available while supplies last
- Only students who have registered for Commencement are permitted to claim additional tickets during this time on a first come, first served basis.