Application for DegreeThe Application for Degree is a required form that notifies the University of a student's intent to fulfill his/her degree requirements at the end of the current semester.
Undergraduate Application for Degree (AFD)
- Spring 2013 AFDs must be submitted no later than Friday, April 5, to guarantee inclusion in the Spring 2013 Commencement Program.
- AFD on BU BRAIN, under Student tab>>
Graduate Application for Degree (GAFD)
- The recommended deadline for submission is February 15, 2013.
- GAFD form, valid for one year.
- To cancel your application or change diploma address, contact the Graduate School's Degree Completion Assistant.
Commencement Participation Form (CPF)
Participating in Commencement activities is optional and does not guarantee graduation. To be considered a Binghamton University graduate, you must complete the Application for Degree and satisfy all your degree requirements. If you would like to participate in a Spring 2013 Commencement ceremony, you must complete the Commencement Participation Form (CPF).
Successful submission of the online CPF form:
- Reserves your seat and your guests' tickets for Commencement
- Makes you eligible to purchase a cap and gown
Petition to Walk (for undergraduates only)
If you are completing your degree in summer 2013 but want to walk at Spring 2013 Commencement:
Undergraduate students who will complete their degree requirements during summer 2013 may petition to walk (see Petition to Walk Form) in the Spring 2013 Commencement.
To be approved, the following criteria must be met:
- 12 or fewer credits remaining to fulfill degree requirements AND completing these
credits during the next major term
- This information will be verified through DARS
- Any discrepancies within DARS must be resolved between the student and academic advisor
Exceptions may be made in the following circumstances:
- Military or family necessity
- International student returning to home country
- Extraordinary personal circumstances
Cap & Gown
Caps and gowns are available for pre-order through Herff Jones. All pre-orders must be received by April 15, 2013.