1. Application for Degree
The Application for Degree is a required form that notifies the University of a student's intent to fulfill his/her degree requirements at the end of the current semester.
Undergraduate Application for Degree (AFD)
- Spring 2015 applications must be submitted no later than Monday, March 16, 2015 to guarantee inclusion in the spring 2015 commencement program.
- The undergraduate AFD will be on BU BRAIN the first day of classes, under the student tab.
Graduate Application for Degree (GAFD)
- The Spring 2015 Graduate Application for Degree (GAFD) will be available on February 16, 2015. You may access the form from the Graduate School website. Deadline: Friday, March 27, 2015. Spring 2015 applications must be submitted no later than Monday, March 16, 2015 to guarantee inclusion in the spring 2015 commencement program.
2. Commencement Participation Form (CPF)
Participating in commencement activities is optional and does not guarantee graduation. To be considered a Binghamton University graduate, you must complete the Application for Degree and satisfy all your degree requirements. If you would like to participate in Spring 2015 Commencement, you must complete the Commencement Participation Form (CPF). Students with a double major from two different schools may choose which school to walk with. Deadline for submission: Wednesday, May 6, 2015.
Successful submission of the online CPF form:
- Makes you eligible to purchase a cap and gown
- Adds you to the online ticket system
The Commencement Participation Form will be available soon.
Petition to Walk (for undergraduates only)
Undergraduate students who will complete their degree requirements during winter 2014 or winter 2015 may petition to walk in the spring 2015 ceremony. Deadline for submission: Friday, April 17, 2015. Spring 2015 petition to walk must be submitted no later than Monday, March 16, 2015 to guarantee inclusion in the spring 2015 commencement program.
To be approved, the following criteria must be met:
- You must have 12 or fewer credits remaining to fulfill your degree requirements and
you must intend to complete these credits during the next major term.
- This information will be verified through DARS or Degree Works.
- Any discrepancies within DARS or Degree Works must be resolved between the student and his/her academic advisor.
Exceptions may be made in the following circumstances:
- Military or family necessity
- International student returning to home country
- Extraordinary personal circumstances
The Petition to Walk form will be available soon.
3. Cap and gown
All students must wear a cap and gown to participate in Commencement. To order your cap and gown, go to: cap and gown details
For instructions on claiming your tickets, go to: Claim Guest Tickets