For mental health emergencies and crises
- Weekdays during the day, please call the Counseling Center at 777-2772 for an emergency appointment (see below)
- At night, on the weekend, or anytime if there is a life-threatening emergency, please call 911 from a campus telephone to reach the University Police
To help students who are experiencing a crisis or emergency, we provide emergency appointments Monday through Friday from 2 to 4 p.m. These are brief, evaluative sessions where we provide you with options for treatment and any other available actions that are relevant to your immediate needs. After this emergency appointment we may refer you to an off-campus therapist or for a follow-up appointment at the Counseling Center.
Other crisis phone numbers (all area codes are 607) and websites
- Crisis Center at UHS Binghamton General Hospital: 762-2302
- Alcoholics Anonymous (Broome County), 722-5983
- Binghamton University High Hopes Crisis Intervention, 777-HELP
- Binghamton University Interpersonal Violence Prevention Program (rape, sexual assault, bullying and stalking information)
- Crime Victims Assistance Center, 722-4256
- Harpur's Ferry volunteer ambulance squad, 777-3333
- Rape and Abuse Center (Crime Victims Assistance Center), 722-4256
- Rise, formerly the SOS Shelter for Battered Women, 754-4340
- UHS Suicide Crisis Line, 762-2302
Area hospitals and walk-in clinics
Review a list of area hospitals and walk-in clinics. Note that the cost for care at these locations is your responsibility.