Labs and Facilities
The lab schedules can be viewed on our SysAdmin page and at the links below:
The department's research computing infrastructure includes:
- Several high-performance Linux clusters using Gigabit Ethernet and Myrinet interconnections and RAID storage.
- Several Sun workstations and Sun multiprocessing servers with RAID storage
- Numerous PCs running Linux or Windows and servers in the research labs of individual faculty/research groups
- Specialized computing facilities for research in sensor networks, embedded computing and reconfigurable computing
- Specialized facilities for research in networking including network processors, high-end programmable switches and active network cards
- Specialized facilities and graphics workstations for research in graphics, animation and face recognition
- All of these facilities are extensively networked, and wireless access points are available throughout the Engineering School. Binghamton is also a node on Internet II.
- A significant upgrade of these facilities is planned in the very near future using a recent equipment grant from the NSF.