This program can assist with issues within and among student organizations, teams clubs, roommate disputes and interpersonal issues.
We are committed to providing an environment for students to address conflict and harm among members of our campus community through alternative and balanced methods that engage parties in mediation and restorative justice to strengthen communities.
We seek to foster greater communication, accountability, personal development and rehabilitation.
- Design community specific restorative justice initiatives and practices to address identified needs in the community and promote its principles.
- Provide a process for 1) acknowledging and addressing harm as a violation of people and trust within a community, and 2) repairing the harm and restoring affected relationships.
- Provides a student-centered approach to resolving conflicts
- Participants gain greater clarity about the conflict and contributing variables
- Builds skills of resilience, critical thinking and empathy