News & Events
Festschrift in Honor of Dr. Norman “Skip” Spear
Friday, May 30, 2014
The DEARC is happy to announce that Dr. Sandra Mooney was recently elected to the Advisory Board for the Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders Study Group.
37th Annual RSA Scientific Meeting
June 21-25, 2014
2nd Annual Flux Congress
September 11-13, 2014
The Flux Congress acts as a forum for developmental cognitive neuroscientists and psychologists to share their findings, expand their knowledge base, and be informed of translational approaches. This conference is designed for scientists who use neuroimaging techniques to understand age related changes in brain function and structure.
Click images to see larger image
The DEARC is happy to host colloquia speakers from around the country to enrich the Center's research environment. Past speakers include:
- Dr. Nicholas Grahame (IUPUI) – "Found in translation: Impulsivity and intoxication in selectively bred high high alcohol preferring mice"
- Dr. Clyde Hodge (UNC-Chapel Hill) – "The neurobiological basis of alcohol addiction"
- Dr. Rajesh Miranda (Texas A&M) – "MicroRNA programming of fetal neural stem cell maturation: Uncovering novel mechanisms of fetal growth and ethanol teratology"
- Dr. Aesoon Park (Syracuse University) – "Person-environment interplay in problematic drinking: A developmental perspective"
- Dr. Donita Robinson (UNC-Chapel Hill) – "Chocolate milk and play dates: Mesolimbic dopamine release in adolescent rats"
- Dr. Igor Spigelman (UCLA) - Alcohol, Stress, and GABAA Receptor Plasticity: the darker side of gin and tonic"
The DEARC is looking forward to our upcoming speakers:
May 8 - Dr. Ania Majewska (University of Rochester) "Microglia-synapse interactions during plasticity."