Conditions for Provision of Equipment
(EFFECTIVE 01 September 2012)
To outline terms, limitations and obligations of equipment loans and services provided by Audiovisual Services.
The following guidelines are used to control and regulate the prompt circulation and appropriate use of Binghamton University's Audiovisual Services equipment. Violations of stated policies are disruptive and will warrant fines or revocation of borrowing privileges.
- Equipment Loans are limited to internal, active BU Faculty, Staff and Students.
- Requests must be in person or via phone at 607-777-5505
- Requests for equipment MUST be received no later than 3:00 p.m. the business day before intended pickup.
- All equipment is reserved on a first come/first served basis.
- Clients are limited to 1 item within an inventory group.
- Individual departments are limited to 5 within a group.
- Maximum loan period is 3 business days (including day of pickup).
- Clients may not renew/extend a reservation and must also wait two weeks before they are eligible to borrow same device.
- Equipment you are scheduled to use will be available so long as the previous client returns it on time and without damage.
- Unless prior arrangements have been made, equipment not picked by the end of the day that it is reserved for will be canceled. Failure to cancel a reservation, that subsequently is not picked up, will be recognized as a completed order and the two week buffer rule would apply.
- All clients MUST display a valid Binghamton University ID card at the time of equipment pick up.
- Clients must sign a borrowing contract that outlines terms of equipment loan.
- Clients are encouraged to inspect equipment with Audiovisual Services staff to be sure that any damage or signs of abnormal wear and tear are noted before equipment is signed for.
- It is the responsibility of the client to ask for proper setup/operating instructions, if they are not already familiar.
- When equipment is returned to Audiovisual Services, it will be inspected for any damage or missing accessories. Any missing cables or damage will be billed to the client.
- No charge for academic purposes.
- AV supplies. See 'Rates'
- Any borrowed equipment not returned by the scheduled return time will accrue a fine of $50.00 per day, commencing twenty-four (24) hours after the return time.
- Clients will be responsible for FULL replacement cost and have their borrowing privileges revoked if delinquency exceeds one week!
- Borrowing privileges permanently revoked if more than three delinquencies occur within a given academic year.
- Any equipment damaged, lost or stolen will require full financial restitution. Clients understand and agree they will be financially obligated for replacement or repair costs to return the component back to good working order.
- All confirmations, late notices, etc, will be sent electronically to the client's Binghamton University email account. Clients are responsible for setting up email forwarding from their BU account if this is not their primary email account.