Why choose Electrical or Computer Engineering at Binghamton? Here's what the critics have to say:
Binghamton University is one of the four university centers in the State University of New York, one of the largest systems of public higher education in the United States. The university has a strong commitment to academic and research excellence, and the department has an excellent national reputation — named #10 in 2014 as a best value among the nation's public colleges for out-of-state students and #15 overall by Kiplinger's Personal Finance. The Thomas J. Watson School of Engineering and Applied Science has also come a long way since its founding in 1981 to race up to par with some of the nation's top engineering schools.
- Binghamton University-Premier Public Institution
- Binghamton University's Thomas J. Watson School of Engineering and Applied Science
is ranked among the "Great Schools for Computer Science/Computer Engineering Majors"
by The Princeton Review (2012).
- Watson School Engineering Program ranked 124th in nation by U.S. News and World Report
- Binghamton University Ranked 88th in nation overall, and 38th in the nation's best public schools by U.S. News and World Report Consistant Quality and Value
- Binghamton University has ranked within the top 10 for the past 3 years, (#10 in 2014, #8 in 2013, #4 in 2012) of the "Best Value" schools in the US by The Princeton Review
- Graduate program- Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering in the top 25 percent along with Johns Hopkins University, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and Brown University in Inside Binghamton Magazine (September 2012)
- Binghamton University's online Master's degree in Electrical Engineering ranked #19 among 204 competing options nationwide on a list of of 'Best Buys' for affordable online Master's Engineering degrees on GetEducated.com (2014)
- "Excellent education at a reasonable price" Fiske Guide to Colleges, 2014
- Binghamton University's SAT scores are ranked 8th among public schools by US News and World Report 2014.
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Binghamton University, State University of New York