The EH&S Fire Prevention Team consists of the following personnel ; Code/Safety Specialist and two Fire Safety Systems Coordinators. We perform the tasks related to Fire Prevention on the Binghamton University Campus :
• Test and Inspect Fire Sprinkler Systems in all buildings.
• Test and Inspect Fire Alarm Systems in all buildings.
• Inspect buildings for Fire Safety Compliance.
• Accompany Regulatory Inspectors.
• Coordinated fire extinguisher maintenance and service.
• Issue permits for Campfires, Hot Work, Fire System Impairments and Confined Space.
• Conduct Campus Fire Drills.
• Provide Fire Safety and Fire Extinguisher training as needed.
• Participate in SUNY Binghamton’s ERT Team.
Last Updated: 4/24/14