What Students say...
"It gave me an idea about what path to take."
"I plan to pursue a career in law so this experience has further developed my communication and analytical skills."
"It made me realize computers are for me."
Why pursue an experiential education opportunity?
- Get experience
- Develop skills
- Do something interesting
- Enhance their resume
- Explore a career
- Develop contacts
- Help the community
What were the positives about this experience?
- Learning how to interact with people, especially employers. Learning skills not found in the classroom.
- Interacting with other students, it was a team effort.
- Enhanced communication and leadership qualities Increased computer skills
- It was fulfilling I could offer my services to the community and it was an opportunity to work with children.
- Gained skills. Most of the jobs I performed at ___ I learned at the site. I learned what the corporate life is like.
- Also I learned what to expect when I start a job in my field and what it is like to take a job you didn’t have much experience in.
- Heightened interpersonal skills
- There were countless positives! Learned about teaching in such a way that could not be learned through reading a book on teaching methods.
- Communications skills
- Time management skills
- Team building skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Computer skills