Financial Aid Status
Click on the BU BRAIN Self Service icon on the left side.
Once in BU BRAIN, click on "FINANCIAL AID" tab, then "ELIGIBILITY" to view "UNSATISFIED REQUIREMENTS" that may result in aid NOT being credited on your bill.
SUNY Tuition Credit Award
Must be a New York state resident and eligible for TAP (Tuition Assistance Program)
The SUNY Tuition Credit will be awarded and available for credit toward the bill once a student's New York state TAP award status listed in BU BRAIN is "Confirmed by NYS Agency."
You must accept your loan(s) via BU BRAIN Self Service. First-time borrowers must also complete the following requirements:
Federal Direct Student Loans
Federal Perkins Loan
Parent(s) and/or stepparent(s) who are first-time borrowers and who have been approved for a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan must complete an electronic Master Promissory Note (eMPN).
Refund, if applicable, will be mailed to parent.
About Your Alternative
or Private Loan(s)
- In order for funds to be sent to Binghamton University, you must submit a self-certification form to the lender.
- Funds from private lender(s) are ONLY CREDITED when funds are received by Student Accounts at Binghamton University.
- If funds were certified and appeared on your financial aid award offer, but were not received by the school yet, contact your lender(s) directly to determine when funds will be sent to Student Accounts. Note: All disclosures and self-certification forms must be completed and on file with lender before funds will be disbursed to school.
- Credit for recently received funds will appear on future bill statement(s).
Federal Work Study (FWS)
- FWS funds do not appear as credit on your bill.
- If hired in a FWS position, you will earn a paycheck every two weeks from the employer.
- To view FWS employment opportunities posted online by the University and area employers, log into eRecruiting.
- Private, outside scholarships are only credited when funds are received by Student Accounts at Binghamton University.
Final High School Transcript
- In order to receive financial aid credit on your bill and/or generate a refund (if applicable), you must submit a FINAL high school transcript to Binghamton University, Office of Undergraduate Admissions, PO Box 6001, Binghamton, NY 13902-6001.
New York State
Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
- After New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (NYSHESC) receives and verifies your information from filing the TAP application, the TAP award is confirmed and the University is notified. The amount may be different from the estimated TAP award in your financial aid offer.
- To check that your TAP award is confirmed, go to BU BRAIN Self Service, "Financial Aid" tab, "Awards" section.
- If not confirmed, go to http://hesc.com, or call NYSHESC at 1-888-697-4372.
- Note: Binghamton University's TAP School Code is 0880.
Other NYS Scholarships
- After New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (NYSHESC) receives your information from filing the TAP application and verifies the information, the University is notified.
- Funds will appear as credit on your bill when notification is received and eligibility has been determined.
- If questions about a NYS scholarship, go to http://hesc.com or call NYSHESC at 1-888-697-4372.