2015-16 Scholarships for Community Service/Volunteerism/Leadership/Extracurricular Activities
Binghamton University is pleased to offer a limited number of scholarships ranging from
$500- $5,000. These scholarships will be awarded to currently enrolled undergraduate students students to recognize community service, volunteering, leadership, or participation in extracurricular activities.
While specifics vary slightly, most of the eligibility criteria is fairly similar. If you meet the criteria listed below, your application will be reviewed and automatically considered for one or more of the following scholarships:
- Alumni Association Scholarship
- Binghamton University Forum Scholarship
- Bloom Family Scholarship
- Cynthia Kudva Memorial Scholarship
- Joseph L. Cohen Jr. '90 Memorial Scholarship
- Larry Kressel '66 "Stepping on the Coat" Memorial Scholarship
- Lois B. DeFleur Scholarship for Excellence in Leadership
- Robert Mancini '80 Scholarship for Community Service
- Terence "Tex" Haran '90 Memorial TAU Scholarship
Applicants will be considered for all scholarships and will be notified whether or not they were selected.
Am I eligible?
1. Is your cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher as of the end of Fall 2014?
2. Do you actively participate in community service, volunteering, leadership, or extracurricular activities within Binghamton University and its surrounding community?
3. Will you be enrolled as a Binghamton University undergraduate student FULL TIME in BOTH Fall 2015 and Spring 2016?
If you answered YES to all three questions, you may be eligible.
The application deadline is 4 p.m. on Wednesday, April 22.
How do I apply?
BEFORE beginning your online application please have the following ready:
- The names and emails of two (2) full-time Binghamton faculty or staff who agree to submit a letter of recommendation in support of your community, volunteer, leadership, or extracurricular activities outside the classroom. When you fill out the online application form, you will be asked to provide their email addresses. An email notification with instructions will automatically be sent to their email prompting them to submit a recommendation. Your letters of recommendation must be received BY the deadline, so be sure to give your references sufficient time to respond!
- A resume which includes a list of all awards, activities, and work experience (the resume should detail any writing and computer skills). You will be asked to upload a PDF of your resume as part of the online application.
- A personal statement describing your previous involvement in the activities mentioned above, providing time period of involvement, specific functions you filled, what you experienced, and a contact person for each activity. You will be asked to upload your statement as a PDF as part of the online application.
Again, the deadline to submit your complete application is Wednesday, April 22, at 4 p.m. Only 100% complete applications will be considered.
If you have questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.