Faculty-Student Scholarship Program
About the Faculty-Student Scholarship Program
The Faculty-Student Scholarship is awarded to qualified students who demonstrate broad intellectual, artistic, and social interests through their academic and service record.
The scholarship will be awarded during the academic year 2014-2015 to nine undergraduate students and one graduate student. Each recipient will be awarded $3,200, divided equally between the fall and spring semesters, to serve for 10 hours per week (total of 300 hours per academic year) in a campus project in one of 10 University sites listed on the right-hand side of this page. Click on the name of each site to view detailed information. Recipients MUST be enrolled full time at Binghamton for BOTH Fall 2014 and Spring 2015.
The deadline to submit your complete application is Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014, at 5 p.m. Please note: Only 100% complete applications will be considered (a complete application includes the online registration form, your uploaded documents and letters of recommendation).
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible, students must be matriculated full-time, currently enrolled at Binghamton University for 2013-14, and be:
- Juniors, seniors, or a graduate student throughout 2014-2015. Graduate status must be from the Fall 2014 semester or earlier (recipient cannot change from undergraduate to graduate status mid year). Applicants must be enrolled full time in both the Fall 2014 and the Spring 2015 semesters.
- Students with superior academic records. (Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher obtained at Binghamton University.
- Students who demonstrate a commitment to community service, through past involvement in either campus or community service groups (Examples: student organizations, Residential Life, University governance, involvement in local community and University social, cultural, and political service groups).
BEFORE beginning your online application please have the following ready:
- The names and emails of two (2) full-time Binghamton faculty or staff who agree to submit a letter of recommendation in support of your academic accomplishments and service activities outside the classroom. When you fill out the online form, you will be asked to provide their email addresses. An email notification with instructions will automatically be sent to their email prompting them to submit a recommendation.
- A resume which includes a list of all awards, activities, and work experience (the resume should detail any writing and computer skills). You will be asked to upload a PDF of your resume as part of the online application.
- A personal statement including your personal and/or professional goals, and specific skills that could be utilized in an internship, including an outline of previous community services involvement and contact person for each activity. You will be asked to upload your statement as a PDF as part of the online application.
- A listing of your top TWO choices of the 10 Faculty-Student scholarship sites (posted on the right-hand side of this webpage) in order of preference. Note: Graduate students may apply for only the one site open to graduate students.
Again, the deadline to submit your complete application is Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014, at 5 p.m. Only 100% complete applications will be considered.
Complete the online Faculty-Student Scholarship application now >
If you have questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.