General Education Requirements
Students follow the General Education program in effect for the year they matriculate at Binghamton University. For example, students matriculating in Summer 2016, Fall 2016, or Spring 2017 would follow the General Education requirements as stated in the 2016-2017 Bulletin. Generally, a student's catalog year is the same as the academic year in which he or she matriculates at Binghamton University. If you are not sure which requirements apply to you, please contact your school advising office for assistance.
Requirements and Planning Sheets
- 2016 Planning Sheet (pdf, 41kb)
- 2015-16 Bulletin and 2015 Planning Sheet (pdf, 122kb)
- 2014-15 Bulletin and 2014 Planning Sheet (pdf, 37kb)
- 2013-14 Bulletin and 2013 Planning Sheet (pdf, 37kb)
- 2012-13 Bulletin and 2012 Planning Sheet (pdf, 131kb)
- 2011-12 Bulletin and 2011 Planning Sheet (pdf, 48kb)
- 2010-11 Bulletin, 2010 Freshman Planning Sheet (pdf, 44kb), and 2010 Transfer Planning Sheet (pdf, 38kb)
- 2009-10 Bulletin and 2009 Planning Sheet (pdf, 29kb)
Differences in General Education Requirements by Major or School
Binghamton's only General Education requirement which differs by school or major is the Foreign Language requirement. Please see the Foreign Language page for more information.
Comparison of Binghamton University's General Education Requirements and SUNY General Education Requirements
Please see "Comparison of Binghamton University and SUNY General Education Requirements" on the Transfer Student page for more information.