Skip header content and main navigation Binghamton University, State University of New York - Grad School

Ask a Question

Our Best Response:

Do I have to verify funds to attend?

Fund Verification for International Applicants

Citizens of foreign countries, whether currently enrolled in a U.S. university or not, must certify that they will have sufficient funds for all tuition, fees, and personal expenses for at least one year of study at Binghamton University.

Submit the International Student Financial Statement (ISFS) form and official bank statement/proof of support to fulfill this requirement. See the ISFS form for details.

Please note: This information is required for immigration and visa purposes. Faculty members do not have access to your financial documents, and they make admission and funding decisions based on merit alone. Assistantships are awarded competitively to the most academically qualified students. Financial forms and documents submitted by applicants are kept securely and confidentially in the Graduate School.


Suggested Questions:

  1. Where can I find information about research and travel grants?
  2. What are your admission requirements?
  3. What are the requirements / classes for my major?
  4. What is the minimum required amount to certify funds for international students?
  5. How do I confirm my intent to enroll?
  6. How do I know if Binghamton has received my deposit?
  7. What do I do when I have not enrolled for a couple of semesters?
  8. How do I show that I am being sponsored?
  9. What are some funding opportunities for minority students?
  10. Is there any other option to show proof of graduation until I receive my diploma?

Not finding what you're looking for? Contact us for assistance.

Connect with Binghamton:
Twitter icon links to Binghamton University's Twitter page YouTube icon links to Binghamton University's YouTube page Facebook icon links to Binghamton University's Facebook page Instagram

Last Updated: 11/4/11