Skip header content and main navigation Binghamton University, State University of New York - Grad School

Ask a Question

Our Best Response:

What is considered full-time status if I am course-complete?

Doctoral Student Status

Doctoral students who are course-complete but not ABD ("all but dissertation") must register each semester for an appropriate number of credit hours under the rubric pre-dissertation research (698). Check with your department about this requirement; in most cases students register for one credit hour of 698.

Doctoral students who are ABD must register for dissertation research (699) to maintain registration.

Note: All students who have been admitted into a degree-granting program must maintain continuous registration each semester for a minimum of one credit hour.

See the Graduate School Manual for more information.

Suggested Questions:

  1. What is considered full-time status?
  2. What majors or academic programs do you offer?
  3. How do I get a course catalog?
  4. How much is tuition?
  5. How do I confirm that I am enrolled at Binghamton University?
  6. What are your admission requirements?
  7. How can I find out what books I will need for my classes?
  8. How do I check the status of my transfer credits?
  9. How do I apply as a transfer student?
  10. Can I take classes without seeking a degree?

Not finding what you're looking for? Contact us for assistance.

Connect with Binghamton:
Twitter icon links to Binghamton University's Twitter page YouTube icon links to Binghamton University's YouTube page Facebook icon links to Binghamton University's Facebook page Instagram

Last Updated: 11/4/11