Skip header content and main navigation Binghamton University, State University of New York - Grad School

Ask a Question

Our Best Response:

Is there a limit on the number of years I can receive funding?

Graduate Funding

In most cases, Binghamton University teaching/administrative/research assistantships are awarded on a yearly or semester contract basis. If the student's department (or department or office awarding the assistantship) decides to "rehire" the student, s/he will receive another offer letter and contract for each subsequent year. If a student is offered an assistantship upon admission, it is typically renewable for up to four years. Adjunct teaching offers are often given on a semester basis. Expectations governing appointments vary by department.

Learn about graduate funding (assistantships, fellowships, scholarships and loans). Contact your academic department if you have specific questions.

Suggested Questions:

  1. What is the minimum required amount to certify funds for international students?
  2. Do all PhD students receive a stipend?
  3. Where can I find information about research and travel grants?
  4. Is there a deadline for submitting thesis/dissertation revisions?
  5. How large is the Binghamton campus?
  6. How long does it take to make a decision?
  7. How do I apply for a leave of absence?
  8. When is the deadline to pay tuition?
  9. How do I add a class after the deadline?
  10. What is the average class size?

Not finding what you're looking for? Contact us for assistance.

Connect with Binghamton:
Twitter icon links to Binghamton University's Twitter page YouTube icon links to Binghamton University's YouTube page Facebook icon links to Binghamton University's Facebook page Instagram

Last Updated: 11/4/11