Skip header content and main navigation Binghamton University, State University of New York - Grad School

Ask a Question

Our Best Response:

What do I do when I have not enrolled for a couple of semesters?

Continuous Registration and Leaves of Absence

All students who have been admitted into a degree-granting program must maintain continuous registration each major (fall and spring) semester for a minimum of 1 credit hour.

Students who do not register and who have not been granted a leave of absence must reapply to the Graduate School and pay a new application fee. Readmission is not automatic. Students who are readmitted are required to register and pay for one credit for each semester they have not registered, plus one credit for the semester they re-enter, up to a maximum of four credits. 

Please see the Graduate School Manual for more information about continuous registration policies and procedures.

Suggested Questions:

  1. When can I register for classes?
  2. What majors or academic programs do you offer?
  3. How do I register for classes?
  4. When do classes begin and end?
  5. How do I correct an error on my application?
  6. How do I apply for a leave of absence?
  7. How do I get my Binghamton ID# (B Number)?
  8. Does Binghamton University offer spring admission?
  9. How do I sign up for Health Insurance?
  10. Can I take classes without seeking a degree?

Not finding what you're looking for? Contact us for assistance.

Connect with Binghamton:
Twitter icon links to Binghamton University's Twitter page YouTube icon links to Binghamton University's YouTube page Facebook icon links to Binghamton University's Facebook page Instagram

Last Updated: 11/4/11