Skip header content and main navigation Binghamton University, State University of New York - Grad School

Ask a Question

Our Best Response:

Why do you need a bank statement / financial documents?

Why International Students Need to Submit Financial Documentation

Thank you for your interest in studying at Binghamton University!

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) regulations require that international students demonstrate the ability to cover all tuition, fees, and personal expenses for at least one year of study in the United States. Binghamton University cannot issue an I-20, and the applicant cannot obtain a U.S. visa, without the required documentation.

Required documentation includes the International Student Financial Statement (ISFS) form and proof of financial support (such as bank statements).

Only students who require an F-1 or a J-1 visa need to submit the financial paperwork to obtain an I-20.

Suggested Questions:

  1. What if I cannot submit my bank statement?
  2. What are the requirements / classes for my major?
  3. What are your admission requirements?
  4. Is there a bank on campus or in town?
  5. What majors or academic programs do you offer?
  6. How do I submit my ISFS / International Student Financial Statement?
  7. How do I apply as a graduate student?
  8. Can I submit documents / credentials in hard copy / paper?
  9. What is the deadline for submitting international student paperwork?
  10. What is the minimum required amount to certify funds for international students?

Not finding what you're looking for? Contact us for assistance.

Connect with Binghamton:
Twitter icon links to Binghamton University's Twitter page YouTube icon links to Binghamton University's YouTube page Facebook icon links to Binghamton University's Facebook page Instagram

Last Updated: 11/4/11