Skip header content and main navigation Binghamton University, State University of New York - Grad School

Ask a Question

Our Best Response:

Why do you need my passport?

Submitting your passport

International applicants need to submit a scanned copy of the first page of their passport (with their photograph and identifying information) primarily for the process of issuing an I-20. The I-20 is required to obtain a visa to study at Binghamton University.

Upload the first page of your passport to the “Applicant Passport” section of the online graduate admission application.

If you do not yet have your passport: Please type a statement explaining that you do not currently have a passport, but that you will scan and e-mail a copy to Binghamton University as soon as it arrives. You may upload this statement in place of the passport on the application. Don’t forget to send us your passport when it arrives!

Suggested Questions:

  1. Why do you need a bank statement / financial documents?
  2. What are your admission requirements?
  3. What are the requirements / classes for my major?
  4. Does my department require a bound copy/hard copy of my thesis/dissertation?
  5. Do you have a foreign language requirement?
  6. Are auditions required for Master's in Music applicants?
  7. Where do I send transcripts for my non-degree application?
  8. What is the minimum required amount to certify funds for international students?
  9. How can I find out what books I will need for my classes?
  10. Where can I find thesis requirements?

Not finding what you're looking for? Contact us for assistance.

Connect with Binghamton:
Twitter icon links to Binghamton University's Twitter page YouTube icon links to Binghamton University's YouTube page Facebook icon links to Binghamton University's Facebook page Instagram

Last Updated: 11/4/11