Electronic Graduate Admission Decision System Manual
(PDF, 3308 KB)
Version: December 2011 / Posted 12 12 2011
The 59-page manual in PDF format is for all graduate directors, director reviewers and faculty reviewers using the EGADS to make graduate admission recommendations to The Graduate School at Binghamton University.
The online resource contains the following for all users:
- EGADS Introduction
- Academic Department Admission Recommendation Options
- Getting Started (EGADS & Xtender Access)
- Viewing Applications via EGADS
- Viewing Admissions Materials via Banner Imaging/Xtender
- Applicant Details Dialogue Box (Faculty Reviewer Access)
- Applicant Details Dialogue Box (Graduate Director/Director Reviewer Access)
- Submitting an Admission Recommendation to The Graduate School
- ETS/Interfolio My Credentials Vault
- EGADS Background
- Glossary of Terms
- Resources/Assistance Available
- Appendix I: Graduate Admissions Decision Flow Chart
- Appendix II: Updating Web Browser for Better Viewing in Xtender
- Appendix III: Computer Requirements for Viewing Documents in Banner
- Appendix IV: GRE Test Scores – New Test as of August 2011
Please be sure to review the additions to the 2011 version of the manual, including best admissions practices, admission recommendation options, admission policies and procedures, and helpful hints of how to maximize your use of the electronic application processing system. Manual also reflects November 2011 enhancements to EGADS.
Hard copies of the manual for the 2011-12 academic year were exhausted in December 2011 and are no longer available.