Skip header content and main navigation Binghamton University, State University of New York - Grad School
students walking across campus during the fall months

Housing, Transportation & Other Resources

Off-Campus Housing

Most graduate students live off campus in the Binghamton city area. The affordability and availability of off-campus housing, coupled with free bus service, make it easy for you to find housing in the surrounding area. The University's Off Campus College (OCC), a resource for students seeking housing in or around the area, maintains a computerized listing of available housing and also provides lease reviews, weekly legal clinics, community events, and educational programs.


Bus: With a valid Binghamton University ID card, you can ride the Broome County Transit and Binghamton University OCC Transport buses at no charge. Bus schedules can be accessed from the links below.  

Parking: If you plan to commute and park on campus, you may purchase a parking permit at the Parking Office (Couper Administration Building, Ground floor, Room #8) from 9 am to 4 pm weekdays or at the Visitors' Information Booth from 7:30 am to 7:00 pm. Parking permit fees are available online at Parking Services.

Getting to/from Binghamton, NY:  It is easy to get to Binghamton by car, bus or plane.  For driving directions, links to bus companies and information on nearby airports, including the Binghamton Regional Airport, go to the campus's Maps and Directions page.

Resources for Families

Some graduate students choose to relocate to the Binghamton area with their families. The Binghamton community has a wide variety of social activities, top-quality elementary and secondary schools, world-class health-care facilities, and convenient shopping and services. With low crime rates and moderate economic growth and development, Binghamton is an excellent community for raising children. The Binghamton University Campus Preschool provides child care and kindergarten programs, while the Family Enrichment Network and Mothers & Babies Perinatal Network can help you find other local resources. In addition, you can participate in play dates and other social events with the Graduate Parents Collective.

Other Resources

Binghamton University's Annual Security Report (.pdf, 176kb) shows statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus property affiliated with the University, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security. If you would like a paper copy of the report, contact The Graduate School.

Study in the States: The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has a website designed to help international students who want to pursue their studies in the U.S. Study in the States provides current and prospective students with a step-by-step guide for what they need to do (in terms of documentation, visas, and so forth) to study in the U.S.

Connect with Binghamton:
Twitter icon links to Binghamton University's Twitter page YouTube icon links to Binghamton University's YouTube page Facebook icon links to Binghamton University's Facebook page Instagram

Last Updated: 6/18/15