Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Education
- Doctor of Education (EdD) in Education Theory and Practice, Binghamton University
- MSEd, Special Education, Binghamton University
- MEd, Elementary Education, Lesley University
- BA, French, St. Lawrence University
- New York State Elementary Education Certification (Pre-K through Grade 6)
- New York State Special Education Certification (K-through Grade 12)
Courses regularly taught
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices for Young Children
- Educational Programs for Young Children
- Collaboration with Families and Staff
Current Research Interests
- Young Children with Complex Learning, Pyscho-Social and Health Needs
- Interprofessional Education/Interprofessional Collaboration
- Interdisciplinary School-Based Services
- Anderson, E. (in press). Examining interdisciplinary collaboration within a comprehensive early childhood education framework. NHSA Dialog.
- Anderson, E. (in press). Exploring staff members' perceptions of classroom-based yoga programs for young children. International Journal of Yoga Therapy.
- Anderson, E. (2014). Transforming the ways we think about early childhood
education: The important role of critical reflection. Contemporary Issues in Early Education, 15 (1), 81-82.
- Fenty, N. & Anderson, E. (2014). Examining educators' knowledge, beliefs and practices about using technology with young children. Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education, 35 (2), 114-134.
- Anderson, E. (2013). Preparing the next generation of early childhood teachers: The emerging role of interprofessional education and collaboration in teacher education. Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education, 34, 23-35.
- Anderson, E. & Fenty, N. (2013). Integrating early literacy and other content curriculum in an era of increased accountability: A review of the literature. Learning Across the Early Childhood Curriculum, Advances in Early Education and Daycare, Volume 17, 153-177.
National Presentations - Peer Reviewed
- Anderson, E. (2014, April). Young children's social and emotional development: Exploring educators' understandings, instructional practices, and ideals of the well-behaved child.American Education Research Association. Philadelphia, PA.
- Anderson, E. & Fenty, N. (2014, April). Examining interdisciplinary collaboration within an agency-wide, early literacy project: The little read, American Education Research Association. Philadelphia, PA.
- Fenty, N. & Anderson, E. (2014, April). Examining educators' knowledge, beliefs, and practices about using technology with young children. American Education Research Association. Philadelphia, PA.
- Fenty, N. & Anderson, E. (2014, April) Integrating literacy and social and emotional learning with young children. Council for Exceptional Children. Philadelphia, PA.
- Anderson, E. (2013, April). Preparing the next generation of early childhood teachers: The emerging role of interprofessional education and collaboration in teacher education, American Education Research Association, San Francisco, CA.
From vulnerability to resilience: Developing an evidence-based partnership model for transforming rural schools 2014-2015 (with L.Kida, L. Blitz, Y. Lee, D. Yull & M. Wilson). Funds to design and evaluate innovative adaptations to a trauma- informed model using a community-university partnership. Binghamton University Sustainable Communities Interdisciplinary Grant. ($10,000).
Mobile-based smart service platform for personalized and adaptive learning 2014-2015 (with Z. Jin, C. Mulcahy, & C. Bransford). Funds to investigate and develop a mobile-based, educational, "smart service" platform to address the myriad of issues facing K-12 today. Binghamton University Sustainable Communities Interdisciplinary Grant. ($10,000).
- 2012 Community Collaborator of the Year Award - Family Enrichment Network, Johnson City, NY.
- 2012 New York State Assembly Certificate of Merit