Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Education
- PhD, Special Education (specializations in reading disabilities and behavior disorders), University of Florida
MEd, Special Education, University of Florida
BA, Psychology, University of South Florida
Courses regularly taught
- Literacy and special education
- Inclusive education
Current Research Interests
- Content literacy and special education
- Teacher education and special education
- Learning and behavior disorders
- Fenty, N.S. & Barnett, K. (in press). Using alternate texts to support comprehension of the
general education content curriculum. Intervention in School and Clinic.
- Fenty, N.S., McDuffie-Landrum, K., & Fisher, G. (2012). Collaboration, co-teaching, and question answer relationships in content literacy. Teaching Exceptional Children, 44, 28-37.
Miller, M.A., Fenty, N.S., Scott, T.M., & Park, K.L. (2011). An examination of the effects of social skills instruction in the context of small group reading. Remedial and Special Education, 32, 371-381.
Fenty, N.S., Sherretz, C., Bronger, L., & Robertson, S. (2011) The new common core standards, informational texts, and elementary reading instruction. Kentucky Reading Journal, 18-27.
Fenty, N.S., Fenty, S.M, & McKinley, C (2010/2011). Digital essays: Facilitating planning with struggling writers. Florida Reading Journal, 47, 8-16.
Read an article about Professor Fenty