Karin R. Golden
Alexis (Lexie) Marianiello
Erica M. Webster
Cristina M. Roma
Timothy C. Barnes
Dr. Loretta (Lucky) Mason-Williams
Professional Education Graduate Organization (PEGO)
Office: AB 123
What is PEGO?
PEGO is a not-for-profit, student-run entity funded by the activity fees graduate
students pay at the beginning of each semester.
PEGO is a sub-organization of the Graduate Student Organization (GSO), which dictates acceptable use of funds through the GSO Constitution.
All graduate students enrolled in the Graduate School of Education are automatically members of the PEGO and the GSO and are entitled to their services.
What does PEGO do?
In seeking to serve its members in a variety of ways, PEGO:
- Coordinates social events to provide opportunities to interact with graduate students
- Hosts professional development workshops ranging on a variety of topics
- Arranges guest speakers on topics of interest and holds résumé workshops
- Contributes to the mission of the Graduate School of Education by volunteering for various projects such as revamping the student computer pods, establishing a curriculum library, renovating the KDP and PEGO office, and coordinating on other various projects of interest
- Provides funding for graduate students to attend professional workshops, conferences,
or to purchase research materials.
PEGO Conference and Research Reimbursement Form
PEGO sends all of its announcements to members via the departmental listserv. If you are not currently receiving postings on the listserv, contact the Education Office.
PEGO plans to hold several informal events throughout the year; you will receive emails soon with all of the details. Also, feel free to email if you have ideas or suggestions! Add these dates to your calendar:. All events are free of charge! All faculty, staff, and students are invited. We look forward to seeing you!
Tuesday January 26th at 7:30 pm in room AB – 124
There will be food :-)
- current budget overview
- upcoming events
- brown bags
- voting in new officers will happen online this week - email with link coming soon
- office hours - will be posted this week on the PEGO office door
We hope to see you there!
Materials and equipment provided by PEGO for loan can be borrowed for two-week time
periods. To borrow any of our materials, please contact Jeannette Lowell, Education
Office Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If feasible, PEGO will purchase additional items for the Graduate School of Education.
PEGO has also created a teacher education curriculum library. Check it out!
PEGO Materials Borrowing Policy
PEGO Doctoral Brown Bag Series
The PEGO Doctoral Brown Bag series is a monthly meeting for doctoral students in which guest speakers from the university and scholarly community share information on topics related to research and/or doctoral studies. The Brown Bags are held on Fridays evenings in Academic Building B from 5:00-6:30 PM in the Graduate School of Education. Please check the schedule below for Brown Bag dates and topics.
Meetings are informal and follow a come late, leave early agenda. Help us vote on future projects and offer suggestions. All meetings are Thursdays from 3-4 PM in The Commons (on the second floor across from the elevators).