CAS Admissions Information
There are both University- and program-specific requirements for CAS applications. Completed applications are welcome anytime: fall, spring, or summer.
To be considered for admission to the CAS program you need:
- A baccalaureate from an accredited institution of higher education or from an institution authorized by the NYS Board of Regents to confer degrees;
- A master’s degree of at least 30 graduate credit-hours in a teaching or closely related field;
- A minimum of three years paid, full-time classroom teaching and/or pupil personnel service in PreK-12 public or non-public schools;
- A copy of your permanent or professional certification in classroom teaching or pupil personnel service.
- A Personal Statement that focuses on: (a) your prior leadership experiences; (b) any special skills or contributions to the field of education; (c) why you wish to pursue administrative leadership certification at this time in your career; and (d) your leadership goals for the future. (Please note that these required foci differ from the generic Graduate School instructions. Also know that this is an important part of your application. Be as specific as possible, including examples where appropriate. Aim for 3-4 typewritten, double-spaced pages);
- Two completed CAS Reference Forms (.pdf, 89kb) from supervisors, school, or district administrators who know your work and can assess your accomplishments and leadership potential. (These forms are unique to the Educational Leadership CAS and are required instead of general letters of recommendation); and
- A resume that includes complete professional employment history, with dates and locations.
- completed Application Forms
- application Fees
- official transcripts