Skip header content and main navigation Binghamton University, State University of New York - Harpur
Can I retake a class which I previously FAILED?

Yes. Please note that you are not required to retake a course which you failed unless it is a required course for your major.

After retaking the course, both the F and the new course grade will be factored into your GPA.

We encourage you to speak with the Academic Advising Office to discuss whether repeating a failed course is appropriate and necessary.

Ask Similar Question
Share This Answer
New Search

Grades and Grading,

New Search

Binghamton University State University of New York
PO BOX 6000 Binghamton, NY 13902-6000
About This Site Employment Opportunities

Last Updated: 10/28/09