|What are the requirements for a minor?
Most Harpur College minors consist of 24 credits, or 6 four-credit courses. Minor requirements are described in detail on the departmental websites as well as the University Bulletin.
The following are policies that apply to most Harpur College minors:
- You must complete at least 60 college credits before declaring a minor
- You must earn a minimum of 24 credits towards the minor
- A minor program allows a maximum of two introductory-level courses
- At least two upper-level courses are required
- Courses counted as part of the academic minor may also be used to fulfill General Education and Harpur College requirements
- At least four courses must be in addition to those counted toward your major
- If you pursue two minors, at least two divisions must be represented in the three fields of study
- If you wish to minor in a separate specialization or track within the department or program of the major, the proposal must be consistent with stated policies of that department or program.
Harpur College Requirements,
Harpur College and University Policy,