University-Wide Late Add and Late Course Withdraw Form: (Submit on the BU Brain)
Student Petition Request for Late Add or Late Course Withdrawal
Students who wish to add a course to their record after the add deadline or withdraw
from a course after the withdrawal deadline, must complete the Late Course Add/Drop/Withdrawal
Petition. The petition can be found on the BU Brain under the "Student" tab. Please
review the petition instructions page for complete instructions.
Late Course Withdrawal Petition Information
Additional information about Harpur College's late course withdrawal petition can
be found in this document.
Overload Request Form: (Submit Online)
Overload Request Form (form available in August 2017)
Note: The Overload Request Form is for Harpur College undergraduate students requesting
to enroll in additional credits beyond the semester 18 credit-hour limit. Overload
requests can be submitted at the beginning of the Fall and/or Spring semesters. Requests
are not accepted during pre-registration. Students may not overload during the winter
and summer terms. Professional school students taking Harpur College courses must
petition through the professional school's advising offices. Double degree students must petition to overload through their professional school's
Overload petition processing begins on the 5th day of each fall and spring semester.
Petitions are reviewed in the order in which they are received and students are notified
of the disposition of their request by email. Petitions are handled promptly, but
because of large numbers of requests, some students may not receive a response until
late in the add period.
General Academic Petition: (Submit to Harpur Academic Advising)
General Academic Petition (.pdf, 29kb)
This form is for Harpur College Undergraduate students:
- to request a waiver of the Harpur College residency requirement
- to request a Harpur writing course substitution (seniors only) *note: At least one
C/J must be taken at Binghamton University
- to request an extension of incomplete beyond the 18-month deadline
- to request a change in Bulletin year
- submit the complete General Academic Petition to the Harpur Advising Office, Old Champlain,
- You must submit two copies of each petition.
- Petitions should be complete and include relevant information and documentation.
- If necessary, additional sheets may be attached to the petition form and/or personal
information may be submitted in a sealed envelope. Any supporting documentation will
be returned to you after the petition has been reviewed.
- The outcome of your petition(s) will be sent to you via e-mail within 5 business days
Detailed instructions available here